Monday, May 18, 2009

If I Could Do It Again: The Photographer

{Disclaimer: Being a wedding planner, I see so many options, ideas, venues, vendors, etc., that I never knew existed when I planned my own wedding a few years ago. So I’m going to have a little fun with a series called, “If I Could Do it Again” and plan my dream wedding… if I could do it again!}

Wonderful, I’ve got my dream venue! What’s next? Generally, I recommend to my clients that they start their photographer hunt as soon as they’ve secured their date and venue. I’ll follow my own advice :) Now personally, this is a toughie! There is a serious abundance of FANTASTIC photographers in the Chicago area. Yay for options! Yikes for decisions, decisions, decisions… (and I know there are a TON of amazing photographers all over the country, but gotta represent Chicago here!)

While I want a modern, chic, whimsical wedding, I want my pictures to be forever classic and utterly romantic. Enter - Dean Thorsen of Thorsen Photography. I don’t know how much more “classic” you can get. See for yourself:

image

image

image

image

image

Dean photographed the amazing wedding of my former clients, Natalie and Jake last September. Natalie is fellow Weddingbee blogger, Mrs. Peacock! This one below is probably one of my favorite pictures of all time!

image 

image Perfection.


Ohhh, but do I have to pick just ONE photographer?! For my fantasy wedding, I’d like three, please!

Hellooo Olivia Leigh Photographie… so fresh and vibrant with a heavy dose of fun and a splash of vintage.

image

image

image

image

image

image

 

Now if you don’t mind, I’d also like a rock star at my wedding… Kenny Kim is a photography ROCK STAR! He is globetrotter these days, shooting high-profile and destination weddings galore; I just love the sophisticated and editorial look of his work! Check out the amazing photos from a wedding he recently shot – the groom is Yul Kwon, winner of Survivor: The Cook Islands!

image image

image

 image

Now, if budget were no issue, who would YOU hire?!

No comments: