Thursday, October 15, 2009

Married: John & Vida – June 27, 2009 {Part 1}

I have been so antsy to feature the wedding of my dear friends, John and Vida, I’m so excited to finally have my little hands on their pictures!! I have known John for over a decade now… we met in the cornfields of Champaign (aka the University of Illinois) and have managed to remain friends throughout the years. I always thought that perhaps John would be a “bachelor for life", but after he introduced our circle of friends to Vida, I knew that that title was on its way out…

Vida has a thing for sea shells. So he popped the question July 4th weekend of 2008 by tucking a gorgeous canary yellow diamond ring into a sea shell, proposing, and then whisking her off to a weekend beach getaway… so Vida could collect more shells :)

Their wedding was one of the most intense weddings I have produced to date, with a whopping 22 different vendors! FYI, a wedding typically averages about a dozen vendors. But it was certainly the most rewarding in terms of the final outcome… happy couple, happy guests, and fabulous wedding!

All images by one of my favorite photographers, Albert of Second Print Productions. Not much need for captions in this series below… the pictures speak for themselves!

wu-0050 

green cymbidium hydrangea succulent bouquet
I am a wee bit obsessed with Vida’s bouquet, by Grace of Vale of Enna. Hydrangea, cymbidium orchids, succulents, lotus pods and fiddlehead ferns. And the perfect shape and size. Le sigh…


wu-0102 

wu-0107
Vida looks stunning, and so happy!

wu-0068 
While John looks pensive…

wu-0122Their first look at Vida’s parents’ home


wu-0124 

wu-0129  wu-0144 wu-0164

 wu-0168

wu-0170 
That’s my wedding veil that Vida borrowed, and it looks very precarious in this shot… but I love it! 


wu-0172

wu-0188Hellooo, gorgeous!

 wu-0192More of Grace’s handiwork

wu-0141

wu-0217

wu-0233 
Vida wanted some whimsical balloon shots…

wu-0237 And they turned out so cute!

wu-0259Where in the world are they? Their venue, Envent, was in a warehouse district with some large silos… urban chic!

wu-0270

To be continued…

1 comment: