Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Chicago Weddingbee Holiday Party

Back in 2006 - 2007 when I was planning my own wedding, I was thrilled to blog as Mrs.Emerald, the first Chicago “Bee” on the fabulous site, Weddingbee, which has exploded in popularity over the years. We have since expanded our numbers to include 11 Chicago-area Bees, so I decided to invite everyone over (sans significant others) for our first annual Holiday Party! To make it quick and easy, I asked everyone to bring a drink, hors d’oeuvres or dessert… and the result was an 8 foot long spread of sparking wine, quiche, shrimp puffs, sushi, bruschetta, cookies, cream puffs and cake galore! And thanks Quiche for the lovely calla lilies :)

Thanks Heather, aka Snappy, for taking the pictures below with her new DSLR!

Bee Holiday Party 10

Bee Holiday Party 12

Bee Holiday Party 8   Bee Holiday Party 13

Bee Holiday Party 7 

Bee Holiday Party 2 Cutting into my Kahlua cake and topped with fresh whipped cream… so easy to make, and so deeeelicious to eat. Let me know if anyone is interested in the recipe! :)

Bee Holiday Party 15 Had to get a picture of snap-happy-Snappy!

Bee Holiday Party 14
From L-R, Powderpuff, Stiletto, Quiche, Emerald, Snapdragon, Nacho, Mascara, and Parfait
Missing from our Chicago contingent: Jasmine, Radish, and Peacock (who almost came, but instead gave birth to baby Eloise 24 hours after our party!)

Thanks ladies for a fabulous evening! It sounds crazy, but Weddingbee really changed my life, and I now have such a wonderful network of amazing women (and a few men) who I would never have met otherwise!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Looks like so much fun!!