Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I <3 Bee Kim, Modern Bride Trendsetter!

I’m sure everyone in the Wedding Blogosphere knows by now that the fabulous Bee Kim has been named one of Modern Bride’s 25 Trendsetters of 2009! I was so excited I seriously *squealed* when I read her announcement on Weddingbee! I had to run out and pick up my very own copy of the June/July issue. How right the editors are when they say that the chosen pros have “transformed the way we marry.” I’d like to talk about the personal impact Bee and Weddingbee have had on my own planning process… and life after the wedding!

 ModernBride 25 TrendsettersBee Kim Modern Bride Trendsetter 

When I stumbled upon Bee’s Xanga blog in 2005, I was no where near engaged, but I was a devoted reader regardless of that minor detail (haha). When she launched Weddingbee in 2006, I was H.O.O.K.E.D! I already had a personal blog, but decided to branch out and start another one in June 2006 with the sole hope of eventually being chosen as a Weddingbee blogger after I got engaged (still didn’t know when THAT was gonna happen at the time, but wanted to ready the blog anyways…) 

Fast forward to October 2006 – finally engaged – let the wedding blogging commence! I still have the email I received from Bee on 11/27/06 where she said, “I’d like to welcome you to join the Weddingbee team!” Now THAT was definitely a major squeal-worthy moment! (Of course the mister had no idea what I was squealing about, and what Bees had to do with Weddings…)

Bee has been an inspiration to me for the nearly 4 years that I have been following her. She has made such a huge impact on the wedding industry, and I’m sure will continue to rock the blog(s) for years to come. Through Weddingbee, I have made so many new friends from all over the country, and I can’t imagine my life now without this close-knit network! I was especially excited to meet Bee last November when the hubby and I took a trip to NYC for our first wedding anniversary. I won’t lie, meeting Bee and some of the other ladies of WB was one of the big reasons I chose NYC as our vacay-destination :)

Yeah, she may look all prim and proper in the MB feature… but Bee knows how to have fun!

Bee and Charlene

Weddingbee gals

I <3 these gals!
Top:
Lovebird, Dahlia, Bell pepper, Cupcake, Caramel
Bottom: Snowpea, Emerald, BEE!, Onion, Peony

No comments: